Purpose and legal basis for processing your data
You agree that any data you provide to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to it. We will only collect personal information from or about you which is necessary for the following purposes:
- Provide this website to you and response to your queries
- To comply with all relevant law
- To manage the safety and security of you while on our premises
- To facilitate the prevention, detection and investigation of crime and the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- To investigate, exercise or defend legal claims or other claims of a similar nature;
Sales Leads and Customers
- Provide this website to you
- Provide quality vehicles and after sales services and parts to you
- To register a previously owned vehicle from another country in the state and apply for VRT and VAT exemptions on your behalf if applicable
- Transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Provide Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing
- Set up and administer your account as a customer with us
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer and investigate any complaints or disputes or accidents
- Contact you for direct marketing purposes, subject to restrictions under the relevant laws, including the right to opt out of such marketing
- Provide you with information relating to our services
- To provide essential communicate with you, including to respond to information requests submitted
- To obtain your feedback on our products and services
- To notify you about changes to contracted services relevant to you
- To obtain credit references, credit checks and for debt collection, fraud detection and prevention and risk management purposes
- To facilitate the loan application process where we are a credit intermediary for Bank of Ireland Finance, First Citizen Finance, Lombard,
- Finance Ireland Leasing and any other financial institution we deal with in order to complete a sale
Outsourced service providers
- Set up, avail of your services, contact you and administer our account as a customer with us
Candidates for Jobs
- To select suitable candidates for employment with us
Where consent is relied upon as a basis for processing of any personal data, you will be presented with an option to agree or disagree with the collection, use or disclosure of personal data. Once consent is obtained, it can be withdrawn at any stage.
We collect your data based on the following legal basis
- Consent- where you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason such as collecting your data for financial assessment by the financial institutions or explicit consent for us to process any special category of data about you
- Contract-where you have entered into a service with us and the processing is necessary to perform this service
- Compliance -the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have such as keeping records for revenue or tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency; to register vehicles in Ireland previously not registered in the state, change of ownership, we may be required to process certain data to carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law; the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our 'anti-money laundering' obligations.
- Legitimate interest-Processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us to safeguard the safety and security of our employees, property, and clients, buildings, information located or stored on the premises, and assets, and those of service providers, consultants, and advisors that assist us in carrying out its functions. To prevent fraud, to inform recruitment decisions taken about appointments and new hires. To operate our business generally and manage and administer our services to clients, suppliers and potential candidates.
- As part of our marketing activities, we may also use your personal information to analyse your suitability for trade-ins or upgrades. Where we do so we reply on the lawful processing of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is to develop relationships with our existing customers and to assess our performances and standards. When completing your sales contract, under the data protection section, you will be presented with an option to opt out of such marketing from us as the dealer and or the manufacturer or its appointed distributor. A withdrawal option will be provided in all marketing communication thereafter.
- From time to time we may conduct customer satisfaction surveys. Where we do so we reply on the lawful processing of legitimate interest to enhance our service delivery. When completing your sales contract, under the data protection section, you will be presented with an option to opt out of such surveys. A withdrawal option will be provided in all survey communication thereafter.
Where lawful basis is a statutory or contractual requirement, if individual is obliged to provide the personal data, failure to provide this information may result in M50 Truck and Van Centre being unable to provide our services.