Purpose and legal basis for processing your data
You agree that any data you provide to us will be true, complete and accurate in all respects and you agree to notify us immediately of any changes to it. We will only collect personal information from or about you which is necessary for the following purposes:
- Provide this website to you and response to your queries
- To comply with all relevant law
- To manage the safety and security of you while on our premises
- To facilitate the prevention, detection and investigation of crime and the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- To investigate, exercise or defend legal claims or other claims of a similar nature;
Sales Leads and Customers
- Provide this website to you
- Provide quality vehicles and after sales services and parts to you
- To register a previously owned vehicle from another country in the state and apply for VRT and VAT exemptions on your behalf if applicable
- Transfer of ownership of vehicles
- Provide Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing as an approved Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing Centre appointed by the RSA
- Provide Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing
- Set up and administer your account as a customer with us
- To maintain our relationship with you whilst you are a customer and investigate any complaints or disputes or accidents
- Contact you for direct marketing purposes, subject to restrictions under the relevant laws, including the right to opt out of such marketing
- Provide you with information relating to our services
- To provide essential communicate to you, including to respond to information requests submitted
- To communicate any product recalls, or warranty notifications issued by the Manufacturer or the Distributor in Ireland
- To communicate any product issues with Manufacturer or the Distributor in Ireland when required
- To obtain your feedback on our products and services
- To notify you about changes to contracted services relevant to you
- To obtain credit references, credit checks for risk management purposes in the event such information is required
- To obtain any outstanding debts by use or a third party used by use when required
- For fraud detection and prevention
- To facilitate the loan application process where we are a credit intermediary for the following independent Data Controllers
- Bank of Ireland Finance,
- First Citizen Finance DAC,
- Ulster Bank Ireland DAC T/A Lombard Finance Ireland Credit Solutions limited trading as Finance Ireland Leasing and Permanent TSB
- any other financial institution we deal with in order to complete a sale
You will be provided with a link to the relevant Finance Providers privacy statement at the point of engagement with the Finance Provider
Outsourced service providers
- Set up, avail of your services, contact you and administer our account as a customer with us
Candidates for Jobs
- To select suitable candidates for employment with us
Where consent is relied upon as a basis for processing of any personal data, you will be presented with an option to agree or disagree with the collection, use or disclosure of personal data. Once consent is obtained, it can be withdrawn at any stage.
We collect your data based on the following legal basis
- Consent- where you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason such as collecting your data for financial assessment by the financial institutions or explicit consent for us to process any special category of data about you. Also for marketing (see below for more information)
- Contract-where you have entered into a service with us and the processing is necessary to perform this service
- Compliance -the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have such as keeping records for revenue or tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency; to register vehicles in Ireland previously not registered in the state, change of ownership, we may be required to process certain data to carry out our obligations under Health and Safety Laws, Competition and Consumer Protection laws, Credit Intermediary obligations, Road Safety Authority obligations, the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. We are required by law to process that data in order to ensure we meet our 'anti-money laundering' obligations.
- Legitimate interest-Processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us to safeguard the safety and security of our employees, property, and customers, buildings, information located or stored on the premises, and assets, and those of service providers, consultants, and advisors that assist us in carrying out its functions. To prevent fraud, to inform recruitment decisions taken about appointments and new hires. To operate our business generally and manage and administer our services to customers, suppliers and potential candidates.
- As part of our marketing activities, we may also use your personal information to analyse your suitability for trade-ins or upgrades. Where we do so we reply on the lawful processing of legitimate interest and our legitimate interest is to develop relationships with our existing customers and to assess our performances and standards. When completing your sales contract, under the data protection section, you will be presented with an option to opt out of such marketing from us as the dealer and or the manufacturer or its appointed distributor. A withdrawal option will be provided in all marketing communication thereafter.
- From time to time we may conduct customer satisfaction surveys. Where we do so we rely on the lawful processing of legitimate interest to enhance our product and service delivery. A withdrawal option will be provided in all survey communication thereafter.
Where lawful basis is a statutory or contractual requirement, if individual is obliged to provide the personal data, failure to provide this information may result in M50 Truck and Van Centre being unable to provide our services.
How we use your information for Marketing
We will provide marketing information to potential customers who have consented to receiving our promotional information where you have the option to opt out at any time.
As part of improving our service to you, from time to time, we would like to inform you of goods, services, competitions and/or promotional offers available from us. We may wish to use different means when sending such marketing communications.
We may use your personal information to make you aware of products and services which may be of interest to you. We can do this by using some of the personal information we hold about you to better understand your needs. It includes information you tell us and information we collect when you use our products or services. This information helps us to understand which products, services and offers may be relevant for you based on your profile. It is in our and our customers’ interests to use personal information this way to better understand our customers’ needs and preferences so that we can create more tailored and suitable marketing messages. We will use the following information about you to enable us to plan our marketing campaigns for examples:
- Types of vehicles produced from us
- Age of the vehicle to analyse your suitability for trade-ins or upgrades
- Your transaction history
- Services we provide you
We can reach out to you with this information in all sorts of ways:
- through Mobile App [if applicable]
- by e-mail
We may share your data with third parties’ software and marketing providers so that they may send you messaging on our behalf.
Where you have purchased a product or service from use, and we collect your email and mobile number as part of the terms of product or service, in such cases we will provide, at the point of collection of your contact details, the means to ‘opt-out’ from receiving electronic marketing material for similar products and services. In the context of the sale of our products or services to our customers, we rely on Regulation 13(11) of the ePrivacy Regulations, which allows the use of opt out marketing for similar products and services.
You have a right to notify us free of charge at any time that you wish to refuse such marketing by writing to us at our address at the top of this document or by using the "opt-out" options in any marketing message we send you.